Visa and regulatory advising and support services for departments employing or hosting international faculty and scholars
- Information and advice on federal laws and University policies affecting the employment of foreign nationals
- Procedural instructions and sample forms
- Case management and consultation
- Coordination and communication with employing units
- Filing of petitions and applications
- Issuance of documents
- Liaison with government agencies
- Weekly orientation session for new J-1 and H-1B employees going on payroll
- Interactive website
- Hiring Foreign Nationals - comprehensive 3-part program of approximately 8 hours covering all the basics
- The Exchange Visitor (J-1) Visa: Everything You Need to Know
- Preparing an H-1B Petition
- Preparing a PERM Application
- Preparing a Petition for an "Outstanding Professor or Researcher"
- Custom-designed programs on request for groups of 7 or more participants.
Cross-cultural communication consultations and training programs
- The Center for Global Services can provide consultations and/or develop targeted training sessions on cross-cultural awareness and cross-cultural communication. Contact Marcy Cohen, Director, at email@example.com to discuss your department's specific needs.